Monmouth Camera Club
October 29, 2015
ARTICLE I – NAME
The name of this organization shall be the Monmouth Camera Club, hereafter referred to as MCC or Club.
ARTICLE II – PURPOSE
The purpose of the Club shall be:
- To provide rewarding experiences for photographers wanting to improve their technical and artistic image–making skills.
- To provide opportunities for members to have hands-on experiences in increasing their image-making abilities.
ARTICLE III – MEMBERSHIP
- Membership in the club is open to anyone. They need not reside in Monmouth County, each of whom shall:
- Attend meetings regularly except when temporarily residing at another location
- Pay annual dues
- Be entitled to participate in all Club functions, serve on committees, accept office and/or perform any other duties required
- Expulsion from membership for cause shall be by unanimous vote of the Executive Committee. Any member may appeal the expulsion vote to the Club, as a whole, at the next regular meeting, and the vote of the majority of the members shall be final.
- The Executive Committee may remove a member from the Club, prior to the expiration of the member’s term, for any of the following reasons: conflict of interest, activities that undermine the functioning of the Club, disruptive behavior or not adhering to the Club’s by laws. The member shall be given a written warning regarding the potential for their removal including the reasons for same. If the same or any other of the above listed reasons for removal is repeated or occurs, then the member may be removed from the Club.
ARTICLE IV GUESTS
- Guests may attend up to two meetings a year.
- A photographer guest may not participate in any Club or Nikon or Canon User Group outings.
ARTICLE V VOTING
- The immediate Past President shall act as Chair of a Nominating Committee to select candidates for the offices of President, Vice President, Secretary and Treasurer.
- Nominations shall be announced during the second meeting in April.
- Elections shall take place during the second meeting in May.
- All officers of the Club shall be elected by a majority vote of the members present at the time of voting.
- Each paid up Club member shall be entitled to one vote.
- If there is only one Club member who is nominated for an office, that person shall be elected by acclamation.
ARTICLE VI – DUES
- The annual dues shall be determined by the Club’s membership upon advice of the Executive Committee at the year end planning meeting, payable at the first meeting in September.
- The Treasurer shall notify members who are two (2) months in arrears of payment of dues. Unless payment is made within one (1) month of notification, said member shall be removed from the Club.
- Persons joining the Club after January 31 shall be charged one half of the annual dues.
- New members joining the club after April shall pay the current annual dues applicable to the remainder of the year and all of the following club year.
ARTICLE VII – OFFICERS
The officers shall consist of a President, Vice-President, Secretary and Treasurer. The officers shall hold office for two years beginning with the year end planning meeting.
- The President shall be responsible for:
- Responsible for overall functioning of the Club
- Oversee all activities, moderate any disputes
- Conduct and chair meetings of general membership
- Appoint Chairs to lead the Club’s activities and committees
- Appoint ad hoc committees as needed
- Face of the club to all external groups and organizations
- Review reports from all committee chairs
- Act as initial contact point for member questions
- Alternate signature for checks if Treasurer is unavailable
- Shall act as chair of the Executive Committee
- Appoint officers to fill remaining terms when offices are vacated.
- Make non budgeted expenditures of up to $200 per occurrence.
- The Vice-President shall be responsible for:
- Interim President when president unavailable
- Prepares and conducts essay night
- Act as adviser to President
- Fill in for Chairs as needed
- Act as secondary liaison to general membership if President is unavailable
- Alternate signature for checks if Treasurer and President are unavailable
- The Secretary shall be responsible for:
- Safeguarding and updating the historical archives of the Club
- Maintain updated and current membership list in cooperation with the Treasurer
- Record decisions made at meetings
- Provide info to Webmaster and Newsletter
- Prepare and present ballot for voting/approval
- Solicit items of interest from membership for distribution-contests, shows, awards, etc
- Publish and advise membership, in a timely manner, of all club functions, including but not limited to field trips, spring event
- The Treasurer shall be responsible for:
- Maintain updated and current membership list in cooperation with the Secretary
- Collect dues and pay all expenses
- Keep record of incoming funds and disbursements
- Provide monthly financial report to President indicating income and expenses vs. budget.
- Provide quarterly financial report to members.
- Provide year end financial report and next year’s proposed budget at end of year planning meeting
ARTICLE VIII – EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE
- The Executive Committee shall consist of the elected officers and the immediate Past President.
- The duties of the Executive Committee are:
- To act as an advisory board to the President of the Club.
- To recommend dues.
- To select a Nominating Committee of no more than three (3) members.
- To transact such business of the Club as is deemed advisable.
- To approve non budgeted expenses in excess of $200
- Voting shall be by majority approval.
- Each position (not Executive Committee member) shall have one vote.
ARTICLE IX COMMITTEES AND CHAIRS
- The following is a list of current Chair positions. Such positions may be adjusted, added to or deleted without the need to amend the by laws.
- Program Coordinator
- Digital Projection
- Meet Up
- Canon Users Group
- Nikon Users Group
- Photoshop Users Group
- Print Users Group
- Projected Image
- NJFCC Delegate
- NJFCC Print
- NJFCC Projected
- Meet Up
- The Users Groups shall be provided funding for expenses in an amount as determined by the Executive Committee.
ARTICLE X – FIANANCES
- The Club’s fiscal year shall be from July 1 thru June 30.
ARTICLE XI – MEETINGS
- Meetings shall take place twice a month from September thru June on dates determined by the Executive Committee. The meetings will consist of presentations, judging and updates on matters pertaining to the Club.
- The next to last meeting of the year shall be devoted to member judging for photographs of the year.
- The last meeting of the year shall be the annual business meeting the purpose of which shall be:
- Selection of special topics
- Amendments to the by laws
- Changes to procedures
- Year end financial review and approval of next year’s budget
ARTICLE XII – AMENDMENTS
- A proposed amendment shall be in writing, and shall have been read at one meeting and voted upon after all members have had a month’s notice in writing of the contemplated amendment.
- These articles may be amended at any meeting of the Club by a majority vote of the paid up members present at that meeting.
ARTICLE XIII- QUORUM
- A quorum of the Executive Committee shall consist of three members.
- There are no other quorum requirements for the conduct of of the Club’s business.
ARTICLE XIV – SUBMISSION OF PHOTOGRAPHS FOR REGULAR JUDGING & CRITIQUE SESSIONS
- The judging is a merit assessment called “merit judging”. There shall be no limit or quota on the number of submissions that are awarded a particular score.
- The judge shall select 1st, 2nd and 3rd place images in each of the following categories for Beginner, Advanced and Salon members:
- Print monochrome
- Print color
- Digital monochrome
- Digital color
- All photographs must be submitted by the announced deadline in order to be included in the judging session.
- Photographs of nudes are not allowed.
- For each judging session a member may submit up to three photographs consisting of no more than two digitally projected images.
- Photographs deemed not to be in conformance with the session’s theme may be disqualified by the judge.
- Scoring shall be consistent with the guidelines provided by the New Jersey Federation of Camera Clubs consisting of scores of 5 to 9.
- A photograph receiving a score of 6 or less may be resubmitted.
- A photograph may be submitted for only one category, projected, print, color or monochrome.
ARTICLE XV – AWARDING OF RIBBONS
- Beginner members shall receive ribbons for images that score 7, 8 or 9. They may at any time opt out of receiving some or all ribbons.
- Advanced members may opt in to receive ribbons for images that score 8 or 9.
- Salon members may opt in to receive ribbons for images that score 9.
ARTICLE XVI – END OF YEAR COMPETITION
- A member may submit up to two photographs (any combination of print and digital).
- The images selected must be among those awarded an Honorable Mention (7), Award (8) or Medal (9) during the current Club year.
- In addition to the two member selected images, all images selected as 1st place during regular merit judging sessions shall automatically be entered into the end of year competition.
- The images will be scored by a panel of external judges:
- The panel shall select the best images in the following categories:
- Print monochrome
- Print color
- Digital monochrome
- Digital color
- The panel shall select the Dankwart Koehler print of the year award (selected from the above best monochrome and color print images)
- The panel shall select the projected image of the year award (selected from the above best digital images)
- The scores do not count towards a member’s point accumulation.
ARTICLE XVII – GROUPS, CATEGORIES & ADVANCEMENT
- There shall be three groups: Beginner, Advanced and Salon. Within each group there shall be two categories; color and monochrome, which each encompass both print and projected.
- Scores for color print and color projected shall be accumulated together for the purposes of advancement in level.
- Scores for monochrome print and monochrome projected shall be accumulated together for the purposes of advancement in level.
- Advancement in color and monochrome are independent of each other.
- The members of the Club shall be placed in either the Beginner, Advanced or Salon Group. Placement shall be determined based upon their cumulative point scores from merit judging sessions. In addition, a new member may self appoint themselves to a level consistent with their photographic experience and skill level.
- Points are awarded on the following basis per scores from merit judging:
score of 7, honorable mention (HM) = 2 points
score of 8, award = 5 points
score of 9, medal = 7 points
- Members can move from the Beginners Group to the Advanced Group by accumulation 40 points. There is no time limit for accumulating points.
- Members can move from the Advanced Group to the Salon Group by accumulation 100 points. There is no time limit for accumulating points.
- For existing club members, at the time these by laws are adopted, the higher point total for color print vs. color projected will determine the level they will be assigned to for color.
- For existing club members, at the time these by laws are adopted, the higher point total for monochrome print vs. monochrome projected will determine the level they will be assigned to for monochrome.
ARTICLE XVIII – ORDER OF BUSINESS FOR MEETINGS
- Meet and greet
- Call to order
- Reports of Committees and Chairs